- Olive Oil 1/2 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Mamma Vendetti’s Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Basil, about 1/2 bunch
- Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese about 1.5 cups
- Mozerella Cheese about 1.5 cups
- 4 eggs whisked with a little milk, season with salt and pepper
- Chicken Breast, 4 or so depending on how many you’re serving
- Italian Bread Crumbs and a little flour
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Rigitoni or ziti pasta (any pasta you desire)
Place chicken breast in a zip lock bag, pound chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thick (one at a time). Dip chicken breast into egg mixture then coat with flour, again drinch in egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs and set aside.
Chop Fresh Basil and set aside.
Heat Olive Oil and Butter in a large skillet on high until hot but not smoking, brown your chicken breasts then set aside.
Add a little Olive Oil to the bottom of a large baking dish and pour a little of your Marinara Sauce into the bottom of your pan. Place your Browned Chicken Breasts to layer bottom of pan. Sprinkle with your chopped Basil and Crushed Red Pepper then your Parmesan Cheese and Mozerella Cheese. Lightly sprinkle your bread crumbs then top with Marinara Sauce. Sprinkle again with a little of the Bread Crumbs and a bit of the Parmigiano Cheese and bake in a 375 preheated oven until bubbly and golden, about an hour or so.
Serve over your Pasta with Fresh Parmesan Cheese and Enjoy!
This recipe was published on: