It’s football season and that means family gatherings and lots of delicious appetizers and snacks to enjoy together! These tasty bites are easy to make and delicious. I enjoy them stuffed or on their own. They are a sure bet to keep family and friends satisfied during the game!
These poppers are delicious on their own or stuffed with your favorite fillings below.
- Bobs Red Mill Cornbread Mix, reg or GF
- 6 slices butcher cut peppered bacon
- 2-3 Tbs diced jalapeños, canned
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups goat’s milk or cow’s milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 14 oz can corn
- Another 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese for topping the cornbread
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and saute in a skillet until slightly done, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and blend in half of the bacon.
- Pour batter into a well sprayed or buttered 9 x 9 inch baking dish and top with remaining bacon (slightly pressing it into the top of the batter), sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes, until golden.
This recipe was published on: