Oven baked scampi makes a wonderful appetizer for your holiday parties. You can prep it ahead of time and pop it in the oven while you’re welcoming your guests to your home. Scampi is delicious served with warm crusty bread or crostinis, enjoy!
- 2 lbs lg fresh prawns, shelled and deveined, tails can be left on
- 2-3 lemons
- 3 Tbs garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped, reserve a little for garnish
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- Salt and pepper shrimp on all sides and place in a large bowl. Add olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, minced shallots, parsley and basil, toss well. Place in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450
Place shrimp mixture on a baking sheet, top with butter slices, wine and the juice of 1 lemon. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes, stirring shrimp occasionally making sure to get butter sauce on all sides. Bake for another 4-5 minutes until pink but not overdone. Remove from oven and squeeze a bit more lemon juice over the scampi, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve scampi in a serving dish, pour butter sauce over the scampi and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices. Serve with warm crusty bread or crostinis and enjoy.
- This dish can be served as an appetizer or as an entree served over your favorite pasta or rice.