These tasty bundles of Prosciutto, Shrimp, Spinach and Goat Cheese are a crispy, creamy flavorful bundle of goodness that I’m confident all of your guests will love! They are the perfect addition to your holiday parties!
- 1/2-3/4 pounds sliced Prosciutto, freshly cut (thin)
- 12 lg Shrimp, peeled deveined and cut into about 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 oz Garlic Herb Goat Cheese (any goat cheese will work)
- 4-5 cups Spinach (4 lg handfuls), lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, thinly chopped
- 1 Bunch Scallions, Chop and separate the stems for later use
- 3 cloves Garlic, diced
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Fresh Lemons for garnish
- Heat your skillet or wok until hot but not smoking over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and butter, heat until butter is melted.
- Stirring constantly, add garlic and chopped scallions (reserve half of the stems for garnish), sauté together for about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add goat cheese a little at a time, continue to sauté stirring constantly for a few minutes until it reduces down a bit and thickens to become a nice creamy consistency.
- Add spinach, basil, lemon juice, sauté on med-low heat until spinach is tender.
- Continue to sauté another few minutes until filling is reduced a bit and has become a thicker consistency. Remove from heat.
- Let filling cool down a little then add shrimp, mix together and set aside (shrimp will cook while baking).
- Oil your cupcake tin with olive oil
- Using a criss cross pattern place two slices of Prosciutto in each cup with the ends hanging over.
- Fill each cup with the cheese mixture making sure to evenly distribute the shrimp and spinach.
- Fold over the tops of each bundle with the ends of the Prosciutto in a criss cross manner as if you were folding the top of a paper box closed (See photos).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for about 20-25 minutes until bubbly and crispy.
Let cool before serving and garnish with sliced lemon and chives, enjoy!
- Add shrimp to filling immediately before filling the prosciutto cups.
- These are delicious served warm or at room temperature as well.
- Make sure to reheat leftovers in oven, not microwave, to keep the crispy shell of the prosciutto intact.
You can have so much fun filling these bundles with many different fillings. Here are just a few ideas I had.
- Dates & Goat Cheese with Almonds and a drizzle of Honey
- Meatball with a bit of Marinara & Mozzarella Cheese
- Chicken & Pesto with Ricotta and a bit of Lemon
- Sweet Potato & Pecan with a drizzle of Real Maple Syrup
There are so many options and fun ideas for these bundles, you can get as creative as you want!
This recipe was published on: