Wings are and always will be a family favorite in my home. It doesn’t matter what time of year, sporting events, backyard barbecues, beach parties or picnics in the park everybody loves wings!
- 4 lbs chicken wings (drumettes)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs garlic, minced
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients below and set aside,
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- In a large bowl toss wings with the olive oil, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Spread wings evenly on a large oiled sheet pan (cookie sheet), place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes to crisp the skin a bit and seal in juices.
- Remove wings from oven and toss with Sriracha glaze making sure they are fully coated. Return wings to oven and continue to cook at 350 degrees for another 50-60 minutes turning wings halfway through making sure to coat well with the sauce.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking turn oven to broil to crisp up wings tossing gently to crisp all sides and remove from oven.
- Make extra glaze to use as a dipping sauce by mixing 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup Sriracha and 1 tbs soy sauce (adjust ingredients to taste and desired level of heat).
- If using the full wing cut wing into three sections and discard the wing tips.
- For best results use large meaty wings
- Let rest for 5 minutes or so before serving to allow flavors and juices to set.