Pad See Ew Kung is one of the most popular street foods in Thailand. It’s delicious and only takes minutes to prepare. You can find this dish at most food stands and take it to go, some even call it Thai fast food. The bold flavors and rich colors make it a must have while visiting Thailand. Enjoy.
- 8 ounces fresh large wide rice noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce (dark soy sauce is thicker in texture and darker in color)
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, very thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup Chinese kale, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm/coconut sugar and pinch ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a bowl, mix rice noodles and dark soy sauce until the noodles are evenly brown.
In a wok or large saucepan, warm up oil over medium heat and stir-fry chicken until lightly golden. Add garlic, stir-fry for one more minute.
Stir in carrot and kale and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add seasoning (fish sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, sugar), mix well, add noodles and heat through for a minute or two. Taste to see if any additional seasoning is necessary.