I love fall, the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are turning brilliant colors of yellows, oranges and reds. It’s honestly one of my favorite times of year to cook.
This soup is the perfect meal for a cozy night home by the fire. Not only is it delicious but my Cream Of Broccoli & Mushroom Soup is filled with wonderful healthy vegetables as well.
- 2 Tbs extra virgin Olive Oil
- 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Qt Chicken Broth
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Lg Sweet Onion, chopped
- 8 cups Broccoli florets & stems cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce, adjust to taste
- 3 Tbs butter
- Garnish with Fresh Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread or crackers
- Clean and prepare your vegetables, set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and sauté until onions just start to become slightly tender. Add mushrooms, zucchini, celery, parsley, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and thyme. When vegetables become tender add the chicken broth and water, let soup come to a soft boil. Add broccoli then continue to cook on low for about 15 minutes. Remove thyme stems and add the coconut cream, continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Using a blender carefully puree soup in small batches filling the blender 1/2-3/4 full at a time. Return to heat, add butter, shredded cheese and soy sauce stirring constantly. Heat on low for another 15 minutes or so, adjust seasoning to taste and serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread or crackers.
- To make this soup Vegetarian, omit the chicken broth for vegetable broth. Can also be Vegan by omitting the butter and cheese.
- This soup is Gluten Free.
This recipe was published on: