In my home Super Bowl Football means family, friends and delicious appetizers. These jalapeno poppers made with prosciutto and goat cheese add a delicious new twist to the traditional popper, and because they’re baked instead of fried, you and your guests can enjoy guilt free!
- 12 lg jalapeños
- 16 oz whipped cream cheese
- 5 oz goat cheese with herbs
- 2 Tbs fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh prosciutto, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl mix and set aside all ingredients below,
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, goat cheese and chives together then set aside.
- Spray a sheet pan with coconut oil then line with parchment paper. Spray again with coconut oil on top of the parchment paper and set aside.
- Clean jalapeños, cut in half, remove all seeds and membrane as shown in the picture above and set aside.
Building the sandwich:
- Evenly fill each jalapeno with the cheese mixture, wrap with prosciutto and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Glaze with the sriracha & honey glaze and bake for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, let cool to set for a few minutes and serve.
This recipe was published on: