While traveling Thailand I learned to make several wonderful curry dishes, here’s a favorite that I hope you enjoy!
Phanaeng is an ancient variety of red curry, usually prepared with pork. Like everything else making your own fresh curry paste gives you the best most flavorful taste.
- Fresh Phanaeng curry paste https://coronadopersonalchef.com/travel-blog/thai-phanaeng-or-panang-curry-paste/
- 1/2-3/4 lb Pork tenderloin thinly sliced or a slab of pork spareribs cut and trimmed (feel free to use any meat you want)
- 200 ml Coconut cream (1cup and 2 Tbs or 1/2 can)
- 100 ml Chicken stock (1/2 cup and 1 Tbs )
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm coconut sugar
- 6/8 Kaffir lime leaves for garnish
- 2-4 Fresh Thai Spur Chili’s for garnish
- 4 Thai eggplants, cut into quarters (Thai eggplants are round green eggplant, much smaller then ours see picture below)
- 1/4 cup pea eggplants (these are very small green pea-shaped, see picture below)
Stir-fry curry paste and pork in 2 tablespoons of oil briefly, add the coconut cream gradually, then add the chicken stock and seasoning (fish sauce, sugar). Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Add eggplants. Cook another 10 minutes. Taste to adjust the seasoning.
Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with finely chopped spur chili, finely chopped Kaffir leaf and Fresh whole Kaffir leaves, Fresh whole Red Thai spur Chili 🌶
Serve over jasmine rice or Rice Noodles and enjoy.
- Tips: This dish can be made with pork, chicken, beef or prawns.
- The phanaeng/Panang Curry Paste on my website serves 2 and is used in this dish.
Tips: This dish can be made with pork, chicken, beef or prawns.
The phanaeng/Panang Curry Paste on my website serves 2 and is used in this dish.