The kings are running in Alaska right now and there’s no better time to take advantage of the wonderful seafood that the Northwest has to offer! This is a fantastic summer dish – it’s light, healthy and delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Soak the Cedar grilling plank in water for 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat your grill to med high and set for indirect heating if possible.
- 2-4 King Salmon fillets 1-2 inches thick
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Remove skin and place salmon on a paper towel, pat to remove any excess moisture. Season the fillets with salt and pepper on both sides and place on your pre-soaked cedar plank, set aside.
Cherry Ginger Glaze:
- 4 Tbs tart cherry preserves
- 3 Tbs lemon curd
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Sriracha, depending on desired heat
- 1 tsp Thyme, fresh is always best
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Over medium heat sauté the first 6 ingredients stirring constantly, add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice, continue stirring and let reduce down a bit. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the glaze over the top of your salmon keeping the cherries on top of the fillets.
Grill the glazed salmon on your pre-soaked cedar plank with the lid down at medium high heat. Salmon should cook for about 20-25 minutes, it should be medium to slightly medium rare and flake easily when done. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving, the salmon will continue to self cook while resting.
- 4 large handfuls of Arugula, depending on how many you are serving
- 12 Fresh Cherries, halved and pitted
- Lemon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sliced Honey Glazed Almonds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toss arugula with fresh cherries and half of the almonds, lightly drizzle or spray with lemon olive oil and place on plates making sure to distribute the cherries evenly, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place a salmon fillet on each plate placing it over the top of your salad, sprinkle sliced almonds over the salmon and serve.
- Remove skin and any bones from Salmon before grilling.
- Serve salmon with rice, vegetables, red potatoes or just as it is for a light summer time meal.