I love to make this salad while the berries are in season. It has always been a family favorite and is a beautiful salad to bring to holiday parties and events. Because of the Red White & Blue coloring it can be the perfect addition to your 4th of July barbecues.
- 11-12 oz Baby Spinach, pre-washed
- 1 lb Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups Pecans
- 4 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 5 Clementines
- 1 med lemon
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Place spinach in a large bowl, top with strawberries, blueberries, pecans and crumbled blue cheese.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and clementines over the salad making sure to remove any seeds from the lemon. As you mix the salad the blue cheese and juice will blend together to become a dressing.
- Garnish with blue cheese, pecans, sliced strawberries
- Crushed black pepper to taste