This month I’ll be bringing you dishes from Southeast Asia! I will be traveling Southeast Asia for the next month or so bringing you as many wonderful recipes as I can! Right now I’m in Koh Samui, Thailand and I’d like to share one of my favorite dishes with you!! I truly hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Thai fried rice is available at any restaurant or street stall, the different varieties of fried rice are highly popular in Thailand. Here’s a recipe that includes curry paste. Feel free to alter ingredients by adding chicken or pineapple and so on.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sour curry paste – “kaeng som”
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-4 prawns
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 50 g (1/2-3/4 cup) snake beans, sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 400 g (about 2 cups) cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Garnish : cucumber slices, lime, spring onions
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir-fry curry paste and garlic until garlic is lightly golden (about 1 minute). Add onion and prawns, then cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side.
- Add beans, tomato and sugar. Stir-fry briefly, then add rice and soy sauce. Mix well. Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with cucumber slices, lime, spring onions.
This recipe was published on: