Simple, elegant and delicious, this dish makes a beautiful side to any main and is a perfect addition to an elegant dinner party or an outdoor barbecue with friends and family.
- 1 lg bunch asparagus
- Juice of one lemon (1-2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- 1 sliced lemon for garnish
- Clean and prep asparagus by rinsing and cutting off the ends (ends are tough), set aside.
- Heat a saute pan or wok until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the olive oil, asparagus, garlic and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Saute until asparagus are barely tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and almonds, saute a couple more minutes until asparagus are tender, making sure to coat the asparagus well.
- Plate by placing a bit of the almonds and cheese sauce over the top and garnish with lemon slices.
- Feta or goat cheese are both delicious in this recipe.
- This dish can easily be prepared in foil and cooked over the grill for outdoor dining.
- Sprinkle with crisp chopped prosciutto or pancetta as a garnish.