Butternut squash is a beautiful vegetable to serve over the holidays. This dish makes a wonderful side to your holiday meals. It’s beautiful to add to your fall and winter salads and is also a healthy snack for meal prep on the go.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3/4-1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil spray (spray makes it easy, you can use any style coconut oil)
- Peel, clean and cube your butternut squash, set aside.
- Spray your cookie sheet with coconut oil, place your cubed squash onto the sheet pan and spray lightly over the top with more coconut oil to well coat squash. Sprinkle squash with sea salt and Cinnamon, toss again, lay squash out evenly onto baking sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven until golden brown on all sides.
- The coconut oil gives the squash a fantastic flavor. I like to use the spray oil because it is easy to apply and goes on lightly. Feel free to use your favorite coconut oil.
- Using a spatula turn the squash a few times as it cooks so that it will evenly brown.
This recipe was published on: